Monday, July 28, 2008

Go Figure

Have you ever been so high on sleep deprivation that you just wanted to stay up all night? Well, I wanted to last night. Usually I have to go to bed when my mom does. Partically because she has to help me get in bed, but mostly because she just wants me to go to bed. Last night, though, she got in bed at 9 something because she had a headache. Dad was getting ready to go to bed at 11 something and said, "How are you going to go to bed?"

I repied, "Maybe I won't. xD"

He said, "I don't care. It wouldn't bother me any. As long as you don't have to go to the bathroom."

It was 1 a.m. when I decided to get off the computer, sneak to my room, lay on my comfy couch, watch a movie, and pray that Mom didn't wake up. I got to my room and saw that my couch had a bunch of junk on it. I got it almost all the way cleaned off and sure enough, Mom walked in.

All I wanted was one night of freedom. One night that I could just stay up as late as I wanted. One time that I could feel like just a normal teen who stayed up way too late just because I could. I am 7 weeks away from being an adult. So why do I feel like I am 10 years old with a bed time?

This may not seem like a very big deal to anyone else. Maybe it isn't a big deal, I don't know. All I know is that I was so excited when I realized that I might have one night to do whatever I wanted. I felt somewhat free. But the second Mom walked in to my room I felt like I was being pushed back in to my cage. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom. She has always been there for me. I can't thank her enough for everything she does for me on a daily basis. I just wish that sometimes she would treat me more like a 17, almost 18 year old instead of a little kid who needs help all the time and has to go to bed when she does. She doesn't mean to, but sometimes she makes me feel more handicapped than I am. All she would have to do is take me to the bathroom and put my PJs on. I could get in my bed and figure out how to pull up my covers.

Do I talk to her about it? I've tried before, she didn't really listen. I don't know what to do. Once again I am left with more questions than answers. Go figure. That's pretty much the story of my life.

~lyss

1 comment:

LittleO said...

Didn't I tell you to stay and talk to me? P: Haha, j/k. (I mean, I did say it, but that's not the point.)

Anyhoo, what happened with you last night is pretty much what happens with me every night. "Ha! They are in bed... now is the time to wreak quiet, undisturbing havoc..." Then of course, two hours later, one of them shows up, and it's, "...What are you doing?"
"Getting ready for bed? ^^;"
"..."
"...Getting ready to get ready for bed."
"You should be in bed."

Maybe it would help if, when your mom mentions going to be, you tell her that she can go ahead to bed, you'll finish whatever you're doing at the time, and then you can just hop in bed yourself? I don't know how hard the covers are to deal with, but I know you can handle getting in and out of your chair. Maybe it would be easier to deal with the covers if they were folded to the side of you instead of at your feet? Now I am just rambling I think.

Anyway, if you could get her to let you get in bed yourself every once in a while, it'd be a step in the right direction. Just don't make it look pre-meditated... that makes parents suspicious.

<3 o.