Sunday, September 5, 2010

I don't like easy.

Chances of becoming a Disney animator are very slim.

I will have to leave all of my friends and family behind.

Making Disney animated films may not be all it's cracked up to be.

I may be disappointed.

I may not even be any good at animation.

I will have to go to a different school for another 2-3 years.

It will cost a lot of money.

I will miss my family if i live in California.

I'll miss my friends.

I'll miss my animals.

I'll miss my house.

I'll miss my life here.

I'll miss my mom.


Is making my dreams come true worth all of this?

Yes.


Some dreams may not turn out the way we want them to. Some dreams may be disappointing. SOME, not all. There is a difference.

What if this one dream turns out exactly the way I want it to? Sure, I could go through life and not take chances or chase my dreams. I would probably live a good life with all the people that I love and be perfectly happy. I could give up right now, but I would always regret it. I could get up to go to work everyday and, whether I actually liked my job or not, always be thinking in the back of my mind, 'I could be working for Walt Disney Animation Studios RIGHT NOW, if only I hadn't given up on my dreams so easily.' I don't want to have that thought in the back of my mind for the rest of my life.

It's easy to give up. It takes little to no effort. I don't like easy. Learning to write wasn't easy. Some people didn't think I could do it, or that it wouldn't be worth it. I learned to write as well as how to draw. Getting the strength to type fast wasn't easy. Now I type faster than some of my friends. Maintaining this positive attitude and keeping a smile on my face isn't always as easy as it seems. I do it anyway.
I don't like easy.

No comments: